in a nutshell
When you're in the elevator heading to Tomo and meet Japanese people who tell you this is the best Japanese in town, you know you've come to the right place. Tomo serves authentic Japanese food in a lovely setting with gorgeous views of Dubai's skyline.
Forget about all these Japanese restaurants with lounge areas and exotic cocktails, Tomo is Japanese authenticity at its best: relaxing music, seiza sitting on tatami floors and Japanese expats to reassure you that you're getting a taste of Japan in Dubai.
Tomo offers 2 menus, the Chef's selection menu and the regular menu. I would recommend going for the regular menu. From there, highlights included:
- Kaizen salad: Sashimi salad with ponzu dressing (ask for extra ponzu sauce)
- Maguro avocado namaharumaki salad: summer rolls with raw tuna and avocado with a mix of miso sauce and balsamic dressing
- Grilled eggplant with glazed miso
- Sashimi selection (pure freshness)
- Makimono selection: they're all great, the fish is fresh and the rice is just perfection
- Sesame mochi for desert
Raffles Dubai, Wafi